Aiden's Game - Sienna Mynx, Erica Langdon, M.B. Wright

Based on the many positive reviews and recommendations, I borrowed this from a friend. Almost right off the bat I didnt like the heroine. Second, the story is too much of a homage to the movie "Indecent Proposal" for my liking. I don't mind a book being 'inspired' by a popular movie. This book went way beyond that, IMO. Third, the "country bumpkin" dialect of the Pete and Daisy was somewhat annoying. Lastly, there were glaring editing issues. Sometimes, I couldn't tell what was intentional and what was lack of copyediting. I had to read sentences 2 times in some cases to understand the meaning...no bueno!

Taking into account these major dislikes, you'd think I would mark this book DNF and move on. But this book pulled me in and wouldn't let go. There were a lot of twists and turns which Ms. Mynx makes you want to find out what happens next. I always say whenever an author taps into my emotion, whether it be negative or positive, for her characters, she's doing something right. Honestly, I'm not quite sure what the something is in this case, but I really couldn't put it down. For that reason alone, even with the issues I had, I had to give it a 3 rating instead of the 2 stars I was originally inclined to give it. I finished this one and immediately started the sequel, Daisy's Choice.