(pardon my yelling)

STOP WRITING SINGLE-COUPLE TRILOGIES WITH CLIFFHANGERS/OPEN ENDINGS!

I want to give you my money. I do. But guess what? I'm not going to do it if I see this -- > (#1) after the title of your book and when I find that the second title says (#2) and it has the same couple, no release date in sight (or a release date a year away) and the third book either hasn't been written and/or you've written a blog post saying you don't know if you can wrap things up in three books.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO YOUR READERS?

Nearly every trilogy I've read in the last several years could have been edited down into a single, long, BETTER book that I would have paid more for.

head desk

-----

Couldn't agree more!!

I have an endless list of trilogies/serials on my TBR list that I absolutely refuse to buy until all all the books are released. I have another list of books that I've read but I'm left in an indefinite state of limbo waiting for the next book to resolve a cliffhanger. It makes me mad and honestly when an author waits a really long time with the next book there's a high probability that I won't even bother continuing with the series because I've just moved on. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way as evidenced by the above.